Hi sweet friend! Welcome! This is the very closest thing to having you around my kitchen table, and I couldn’t be more excited.
That’s where I wish we were whenever I’m writing. In fact, it’s what I picture as I’m sitting at my desk, or on the couch (more likely), typing strings of black words on the white page, and trying to feel cozy.
Because to me, the words aren’t the point, the connection is.
My blog, my books, and my courses are the closest I can get to fitting us all around the table — stories and whoops of laughter filling my home like the smell of freshly baked cookies still warm from the oven.
So come in, and make yourself comfortable. I’m so glad you’re here.
So what is “here” you may be wondering? “This is a blog right?”
Yep! This is a blog, but more than that, it’s a girls night at your best friend’s house. We’re navigating life and we’re doing it together.
The year after I graduated college, I led a small group of 27 sorority girls. Every Sunday this beautiful, messy, imperfect bunch would curl up on a random collection of couches and talk about our lives.
We’d talk about what we were struggling with, what we were learning, where God was showing up, and where it felt like He wasn’t. We’d talk about love, and sex, and heartbreak, our dreams for the future, and how to be a good friend. We’d talk about our families, and how to study the Bible, about our hurts, our triumphs, and the relationships we have with ourselves.
And something amazing happened in that room, on those random, mismatched couches…
We found out that we’re not alone in what we’re going through, and that life is so much better when we go through it together.
We learned from each other, we cheered each other on, and carried each other when we couldn’t do it on our own anymore. We took off masks and pretenses of perfection, and we jumped into life together, hand in hand, laughing, joking, and loving all along the way.
And that’s what this space is about. This is an extension of that small group — an imperfect, messy bunch of us, sinking back into the couch, glass of wine, or mug of coffee in hand, to navigate life together.
So welcome! If you’re here, you’re part of the club. You’re one of the girls now, one of us, and I am over-the-moon excited that you’re here.
I’d love for us to get to know each other a little bit better, and that can happen in two ways! To learn more about me, what I’m all about, and how much I love Chipotle (just one thing you’ll learn about me), click here!
And then, I’d love to hear more about you!
Something you should know about this space is that it’s not a one way street, I actually want to hear from you!
I spend the best parts of my days responding to my sweet reader’s emails. It’s like a coffee date in my inbox. So come on over and say hi! Or if there’s a place in your life where you could use some advice, some prayer, or just a pep talk, those are my specialty.
I’d love to hear from you and get to know you better, so click here to say hi!
Love, above all, I hope you feel at home around here. I hope you feel like this is your place, a place where you can come and crash — a place where shoes are totally unnecessary but sweatpants (Grace Clothes, as I like to call them) are. This is a place for you to come to unwind, relax, for us to talk through the most important areas of our lives, navigating them together. You don’t have to figure it all out alone. 🙂
So let’s dive in! Here’s a fun little sample of the things we talk about here — if you’re in any of these seasons right now, I hope these posts are helpful and encouraging!
Single? Let’s talk about it!
- Does God Want Me To Be Single Forever?
- 5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Awesome (That You Might Have Forgotten About!)
- Single And Broken Are NOT The Same Thing
Not married yet, but got marriage on your mind?
- God Told Me Who I’m Going To Marry
- A + B – C = Good Christian Husband
- 7 Things I’m Glad I Did Before Walking Down The Aisle
- Should We Get Married? (how are you supposed to know?)
- I Thought Finding My Husband Would Be Easy
- Does God Tell Us Who We’re Supposed To Marry?
Dating? I hear you!
- The 5 Guys You Don’t Want To Date
- How To Get Over A Breakup
- Messy Hair and Vulnerability
- What Love Really Looks Like
- Science proves: Love Is Blind (and don’t we know it!?)
- Don’t Short Circuit Your Love Story
- How You Know When It’s Time To Let Him Go
Friendship — my favorite topic!
- How To Keep In Touch With Long-Distance Friends
- Your Worst Enemy May Just Be Your Best Friend In Disguise
- How To Keep Your Friends After College
- This One Thing Will Change How You See Yourself (spoiler alert: It’s your friends!)
- What To Look For In A Best Friend (Mean Girls Need Not Apply)
Learning to love ourselves — okay, that’s for sure my favorite topic!
- Is What You Believe About Yourself Actually True?
- What To Do When You Just Don’t Like Yourself
- Falling Back In Love With Yourself: Silencing Your Own Worst Critic
- What Lies Do You Believe About Yourself?
Wrestling with body image, your health, or trying to figure out the whole exercise thing? I hear you!
- Not-So-Skinny-Jeans: How Going Up A Pant Size Increased My Self-Confidence
- My Body Isn’t Perfect. Get Over It!
- I Do Hard Things – The Triumph Of A Total Non-Runner
- “Get To The Gym: This Is NOT Okay”
Are you a newlywed? Congratulations love!! Here are some fun ones for you!
- Is marriage really as hard as people say?
- The truth about being a newlywed (that nobody wants to admit out loud)
- The Strange Thing About Marriage…
In a big season of transition? Whew! I’ve been there!
- Making A Big Decision? Ask Yourself This Question First
- The Post-Grad’s Guide To “What Am I Supposed To Do With My Life?”
- What To Do When You Lose Your Job — Tell Me If You Know…
- Freshman Year All Over Again: How To Make Friends In A Whole New Place
Let’s find joy and contentment right now in your everyday life!
- How “The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side” Turns Our Own Grass Brown
- Is Your Life Full Of Life, Or Is It Just Plain Full?
- May God Bless You With A Chocolate Croissant And Time To Linger
- Whimsy And Other Adult Decisions
- Sometimes Balance Means Throwing Your Routine Out The Window
- How To Fill Your Soul With Color On A Gloomy, Dreary Day
Faith, real life, and the intersection of the two…
- Why You Shouldn’t Be Ashamed Of Your Past
- Quitting The Christianity Club
- For Terrible Christians Only
- “But God…” The Two Little Words That Will Change Your Life
- Does God’s Will Always Feel Like Peace?
- How To Talk To God When You’re Not Sure What To Say
Are you a college student? If so, these ones are just for you!