Effective Date: May 21, 2018.
Welcome to stephaniemaywilson.com (the “Website”). This website is operated by Stephanie May Wilson and her licensees. (“we” or “us”). We are committed to maintaining the privacy of the information you provide to us in using the Website.
- Your use of the Website;
- Your enrollment and participation in courses provided by us (such as the “Love Your Single Life” course) (all referred to as a “Course”); and/or
- Your membership in, and communications within, the SMW Mentorship Community (the “Community”).
I. Categories of Information We Collect:
A. Information You Provide to Us. You provide us with information that we collect when you:
- Make a purchase;
- Sign up for a Course;
- Sign up for the Community;
- Sign up for our newsletter;
- Opt into a freebie (like an eBook);
- Participate in a questionnaire; or
- Communicate with us – either on social media, by sending a direct message on another platform, or sending us an email.
Depending on which of the above activities you engage in, information you provide to us may include your first name, last name, physical address, email address, phone number, credit card or bank information, purchase history, and story, question, or other content you submit to us in message form.
B. A Special Note About Email Messages and Direct Communications. We receive many messages or inquiries from women who share specific questions, personal stories, and struggles with us. We may share some of those questions, stories, and struggles with our audience, but will never share your personal identifying information in connection with those stories without first seeking permission from you. We regret that we cannot respond to each and every communication.
C. Other Information We Receive and Store. We also receive information from you as a result of your visiting our Website, sending us emails including your IP address, your email address, your browser type and version, your operating system and platform, your purchase history, products you view, products or blog posts you search for, length of visits to pages and other browser interaction information. We incorporate tools such as Facebook pixels and Google Analytics in collecting such information (for a list of all third parties through which we receive, share, and process data, see below).
II. Use and Disclosure of Information We Collect
A. Use and Disclosure of Information. We will use and disclose your information only as follows:
- To allow you access to the Community (if you purchase a membership);
- To allow you access to a Course (if you purchase such access);
- To confirm your purchase(s) and/or opt-ins;
- To follow up to make sure such purchases are fulfilled;
- To communicate with you;
- To advertise and market our new offerings to you via email and via social media, specifically, Facebook and Instagram advertising;
- If, in the course of placing an order and/or opting into a freebie, you opt to receive emails from us, we will use such information to send you emails;
- If, in purchasing a course, you opt to receive emails from Teachable — the third-party that hosts a Course — we will disclose such information to Teachable;
- To protect the rights and safety of us, our shareholders, members, officers, employees and customers;
- As otherwise required by applicable law.
We receive, share, and process data through the following third parties:
- Google (for email);
- Stripe (for credit card processing);
- Givingtons (for order fulfillment);
- Teachable (for Course hosting);
- Lead Pages; and
- Anthem Workshop LLC (website hosting);
We disclose your information to third parties in the following situations:
- As reasonably required to fulfill your purchases and collect sums due to us (such as providing your information to credit card processors);
- Creation or facilitation of marketing and advertising campaigns;
- In receiving email resulting from your providing us with your information, such as in an opt-in form, purchasing a Course, or in signing up for our newsletter;
- To service providers that support our business, website operation, customer service, and marketing; and
- To protect the rights and safety of us, our shareholders, members, employees and customers (such as to legal representatives and law enforcement) as you expressly permit and as required by law (such as the result of a court subpoena).
We may transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a merger, consolidation or acquisition. However, in such event, any acquirer of that information will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you!
III. How to Request Information Collected or Maintained About You
Upon request, we will provide you with access to all information that we have collected and maintain about you. You can also request that information we have collected and maintained about you be deleted. You can access this information by emailing us at [email protected]
IV. Data Storage and Erasure
We store your data only for as long as it is necessary to provide services to you – such as the Course or Community – or until you delete your account or opt-out of our emails, whichever occurs first. If you enroll in a Course, we will store your data for as long as that Course is available (in order to allow you to access the Course materials at your leisure). If you sign up for the Community, we will delete your data within one (1) month of your express deactivation of, or failure to renew, your membership in the Community. If you have signed up for our email updates and do not affirmatively opt out, we will continue to maintain data pertaining to you that is necessary for the delivery of the email updates unless and until you affirmatively opt out. If you opt out of the email updates, we will delete your data within one (1) month of your opting out.
Note: If you request that data we maintain about you be deleted or erased, no one (neither us nor you) will be able to recover that information later.
V. Linked Websites.
VI. We Cannot Guarantee The Security of the Website
We take seriously our obligation to safeguard the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information collected from our users. As you can see, the Website uses an SSL (or “secure sockets layer”) certificate, which provides secure, encrypted communications between a website and internet browser. You should be aware, however, that no system is completely secure from hackers and network failure and error, and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality, security and integrity of information maintained on our Website for that reason.
VII. Notification of Changes